Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Thursday Post Update

I confess: I panicked last night. I lost faith. I got worried.

I sent an email to everyone I could think of to say: HELP! We need you. I posted a message on Facebook. I asked FPC to send an email to the congregation. Literally probably 500 folks could have received my desperate plea. I was afraid that we were going to be leaving our sweet friends at Camp Cherokee in worse shape than when we arrived. I was afraid we wouldn't get it ALL done.

But that was before Joe Garrett arrived. And Richard Hunter started putting together cabinetry. And Gracie McBride started making labels. And Kathleen McBride delivered toilet paper. And Jessica Gamble decided to finish the tile. And Joe Jordan, John Nunez, Anna Gamble and Sidney Hunter put all the picnic tables back in place.

That was before I got the email at 2:15am that said: the bathrooms are DONE.

That was before Good Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home