Thursday, April 09, 2009

Action Jesus (Wednesday)

This morning I did our devotional. I was following Judie Ebert's AWESOME Easter egg devotional so I must say, I was a little intimidated.

I told our group that I had discovered two very important things late last night: 1) that my midnight hour study skills were not quite what they used to be and 2) that the words "Jesus went" or "He went" were repeated over 99 times in the New Testament Gospels ALONE. The significance being that even though Jesus travelled a mere 30 or so miles from his home, he was not a "home body." He did not sit around on the sofa waiting for someone to say: "Yo, Jesus. Could you think about going with me?" Nope! He lept up off that proverbial sofa and led the way.

Several years ago, when I was ordained as a Deacon at FPC, my sweet friend Beth Crary gave me an action figure Jesus. And while it may seem a bit disrespectful, to me it only represented the idea that our Savior was a Man of Action. He went... and went... and went some more. And ultimately, over his 33 year life, he ended up travelling (according to some scholars) well over 25,000 miles.

I brought Action Jesus with me to CRC. And I shared him with our crew. Ultimately, we are all called to be Action figures for Jesus. I am so proud of those who are here being just that.

Posted by Becky Jordan

1 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger pastord said...

Becky, your blogs have been a wonderful addition to my Holy Week devotions (plus I don't have to be in the Sanctuary at 7am). Let's pray that we're all an action Jesus. Blessings and Prayers, Denise

 

Post a Comment

<< Home